Why Got Saggy After Surgery? Would They Look Higher if They Were over the Muscle? (photo)

I have had surgery about 3 months ago, I exchanged my implants from 330 to 500 mod+ under the muscle,they weren't that saggy before,now when I lay down they fall to the side and they didn't before, and also they hurt a lot when I exercise, I can't do push ups anymore or any chest exercise. Is this normal,would it be different if they were over the muscle?Would they look higher and less painful when I workout?

Why got saggy after surgery/

+2

Sorry to hear that you having problems after your surgery.  Overall you have a good result based on the photos.  I think going larger from 330cc to 550cc implants, you are getting more sagging from the weight of implants and you may get more discomfort in exercising.  If the implants are falling off to the sides when you lay down, you may need a revisional surgery to "tighten" the implant pocket.  Switching the implants submuscular (under the muscle) to sub glandular (over the muscle) will not make them look higher.  You should talk with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Saggy After Surgery? Would They Look Higher if They Were over the Muscle?

+2

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your description, I think you may be dealing with a situation of breast implant displacement. If this is found to be the case, after careful in person consultation and physical examination, revisionary breast surgery may be helpful to you. Internal sutures to adjust breast implant pockets (capsulorraphy) may be very helpful.

I would not suggest that you change your breast implant position from the sub muscular to the sub glandular position; there are many disadvantages associated with breast implants in the sub glandular position.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Saggy breasts after surgery

+2

Your skin quality may not be the best as evidenced by your abdomen.  Large implants also do not help. In general your breasts look pretty good though.  Pain from working out shoudl get better with time.

Breast ptosis after revision

+2

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures. I would not consider changing your implants to over the muscle.  Though you may have less pain with excercise, I think they would sag more over time and have various other concerns like greater encapsulation, visibility and palpability. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Pushups after 500cc implants

+2

The implant size is likely the factor that keeps you from doing pushups as effectively as before. A subglandular implant would interfere less, though you would not have better upper fill.

Why Got Saggy After Surgery?

+2

Most like the reason they are saggy compare to before is bcause since you went bigger, the skin got stretched out more.  Also, you increased the weight of each breast.  The pain with exercising is most likely from stretching the muscles out more with the bigger implants.

Going over the muscle would most likely be less painful when you exercise, but they would not sit higher on the chest.  May even sag a little more.

Rigo Mendoza, MD