Sagging Skin After Breast Aug?

HI I had a capsulorrahapy done exactly one week ago without a lift . I downsized about 160cc, However I am thrilled with my results. Right now my skin is very tight around my implants and my implants sit up very high, which I'm ok with. My first question is will the implants drop? My next question is when can I wear a regular bra? The last question is will my skin that sits so tightly around the implant began to sag?

Breast Augmentation & Sagging Skin

+2

Over time, your implants will start to settle and drop. I advise my patients that wearing a regular bra becomes OK around 3 weeks, but you should consult your plastic surgeon first. Without examining you, it's difficult to know whether or not your skin around the implant will sag or not. With such a small implant, the likelihood of sagging is decreased. 

Breast revision

+2

I am glad that youa re happy withyour result so far. Usually the implants do settle a bit.  As for the skin it will probably loosen a bit as well.  As for a bra, you should ask your surgeon.

Recovery after breast revision.

+2

Your implants should drop over time. I have patients wait to wear a regular bra for 2 months. You can use a soft bra without underwire in the meantime. The skin will stretch over time, every individual is different.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Capsulorraphy and implant position

+2

unfortunately without an exam, or at least some pictures, it is impossible to answer your questions with any degree of confidence.  There will certainly be some loosening of the skin, but it may be mitigated by the tightness of the capsulorraphy,

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Hello

+2

Your implant will drop and the skin should relax and loosen up with time. In our practice we tell our patients that they can wear a regular bra 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

High breast implant after capsule repair

+2

When downsizing and completing a capsule repair (capsulorrhaphy) we like to have the implant and pocket shaped hand in glove, and like things to look very well from the start. We don't believe gravity always wins after a well planned revision. The capsule repair should keep the implant centered in the breast under the nipple. Be sure to ask your surgeon if he has a different approach.

Gravity always wins

+2

you are very early after your surgery.  Your implants will come down somewhat as gravity always wins.  However do not see why you would have sagging skin.  As to the regular bra, speak to your surgeon.  Everybody does things a little differently.  I ask my patients to wear a tight support bra holding things up high for 6 weeks.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg Reviews

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Implant Revision

+2

It sounds like you are on your way to a good result. One week after a capsulorrahapy your implants should look high. Gravity is a weak force, but persistent, and will bring them down. When to start wearing a bra is depends on what your plastic surgeon saw and did during surgery, so be certain to ask them. I have my capsulorrahapy patients wearing a bra right after surgery the majority of the time. The skin may relax with time, but that fact that it is tight now is a good sign, and shows that your plastic surgeon tightened it as much as possible.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Breast Shape After Downsizing Volume and Internal Support

+2

In general, it takes about three months total for most revisions to fully settle and stabilize.  If you are only a week out, there may still be a degree of swelling present, and the tissues will relax a little from the internal support.  How much is hard to say.  Everyone is different as are the surgical techniques used.  Certainly wearing some good support can help keep the implants in position while they are healing in the smaller, tighter pocket.  With regards to a regular bra, that is something you should ask your surgeon, since we are all different in terms of our post-operative care.  Be patient at this point, but expect that there will be a few changes along the way.  Hopefully theya re minor in your case.  I hope this helps. 

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Sagging skin after breast augmentation?

+1

You are very early in the healing process.  I tell my patients that there implants will drop over time.  In fact, I warned them that their implant will be high initially.  In my experience the implant starts to drop noticeably about the third week.  After 2 weeks I allow my patients to wear a sports bra.  Her skin will also relax over time and it will be an equilibrium between your skin stretch and the weight of the implant.

Raj S. Ambay, MD