Sagging skin on face

Hi. I'm 34. I've struggled with bad skin my whole life. Acne, oily, large pores, then dryness. I've used a lot of harsh stuff and now feel like i've aged my skin too fast. It looks like I could use a facelift at the age of 34! I know without pictures it's hard to see what I am talking about. I just want to know what my options are for fixing dull, loose-looking, uneven textured and toned skin. I want to start researching the best methods to fix this.

All is not lost

+1
Rlcdjnewmom,

The good news is that there are numerous available options to treat your concerns, without having to undergo a facelift for MANY years to come. As far as the uneven texture and tone of your skin, I would likely recommend a combination of intense pulsed light treatments to target uneven pigmentation + a fractional laser to help reduce fine lines and restore more youthful skin texture. There are many different fractional lasers on the market, but they can be summed up into 2 groups: ablative or nonablative. Ablative treatment is a much more intense procedure with longer downtime but gives you the best result for your money in a single session. Nonablative treatments (and I emphasize the plurality of treatments) require multiple sessions, often 4-6 to match the results of a single ablative treatment, but have minimal downtime and you can return to work immediately after. As far as the looseness of your skin, there are 2 options: ultrasound-based skin tightening (you may have heard the marketing term Ultherapy) or laser skin tightening. Although on the face I prefer ultrasound treatments, on the neck I have had excellent results with the latter. I hope this helps.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon