Alternative Options or Exercises for Sagging Jaw Line?

I noticed I have a sagging jaw line since weight gain and loss. Is surgery the only option or are there alternative treatments or exercises to make it firmer? I am not a big girl; it's just that the area makes me feel old and somewhat big.

Facial Skin Tightening

+1
Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Sagging jawline

+1

Autumn,

The sagging skin around your jawline may be addressed in many ways. The spectrum ranges from the very invasive, neck/lower face lift surgery, to the very non-invasive, Fraxel or Thermage. In general, the more invasive a procedure to correct loose skin, the more dramatic and effective the result. However, the more invasive procedures are usually more costly, take longer to recover from and carry more significant risks (although very infrequent). Only you can determine which approach is better for your set of life circumstances. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon might shed some light on the subject for you. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Sagging jawline

+1

Without a photo, it is impossible to give you specific advice. The best procedure really depends on your anatomy, your skin quality and your expectations. The options range from a lower face lift / neck lift (which is the gold standard) to laser skin tightening (either internal such as Smartlipo or Acculift; or, external such as fraxel). Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Sagging jaw line treament

+1

Dear AG

Unfortunately, you don't give me any other info other than the saggy jawline. If surgery is not what you are looking for you might try Thermage or one of the less invasive treatments. Speak to several plastic surgeons who can offer you a variety of options before deciding on either surgical or nonsurgical treatment.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Options for a sagging jawline

+1

Certainly a photo would help to give you a better idea, but for most people the only way to significantly improve a sagging jawline is with a facelift. Other non-surgical options such as Thermage can be tried but they won't give you the same degree of improvement. So it depends on your starting point, and what your expectation level is for a result that will satisfy you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS