Left Breast Appears To Be Sagging 3 Months Post-Op. Is This Normal?

I had surgery almost 3 months ago, and have noticed in the past month that the left breast almost looks as if it is sagging. My doctor told me that I have very little breast tissue so I would most likely be able to feel my implants more than normal, this just does not seem normal. I have also noticed that on the lower part of the breast at the fold it does not look round. Is there anything I can do about this, exercises, etc that can help that?

Breast shape

+2

Yes, there is some change in the shape of the breast.  It is hard to say exactly what is causing it without an exam.  It may be the pocket size, or the lack of tissue, or the implant folding? it may also change over the next few months with stretching.

+2

Your left breast implant seems to bottom out  fom the midline more laterally..it is possible that with time there will be some improvement .You didn't indicate the type of implant,saline implant have  a tendency to cause further bottoming out.

Erel Laufer, MD

Misshaped breast after breast augmentation

+2

The misshaped appearance on one side after your breast augmentation may reflect uneven implant pockets, pushing the one implant out of round. The thin tissue has allowed the implant to fold and show through on the bottom. It is possible that the capsule will increase or thicken and round the implant and smooth out the bottom. As you wait things out a support bra with an under-wire may help.

peterejohnsonmd

Left Breast Not Normal After Three Months

+1

After a breast augmentation, it takes three months for everything to heal, settle, etc.  Past that point things should be stable, meaning where you are now is where you are going to be long term.  It appears that you have some natural tissue hanging off the bottom of the implant itself, giving you that distorted appearance to your breast on the left.  I would address this with your surgeon, but in the meantime, I would be agressive with some breast massage and see if it helps or not.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after Implants of Breasts

+1

Assymettry this early should be noted and checked but do not worry...too early.   Check your pre op photos.  I bet this tendency was there pre op.  If not wait till 6 months and reassess.  Hopefully you will be fine.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation works.

+1

Hi.

I am sorry to say that, based on your pictures,you will probably need a revision in the next few months.  It looks like the implants are too high, and the breast tissue is hanging below the implants.  This is more obvious on the left.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)