Will my Breasts Sag More After Another Pregnancy?

My husband and I would like another child sometime in the next 3 years. I would love to get my breast augmentation as soon as possible but I'm worried how the pregnancy would affect them. My breasts after my son are less full and sagging. Will this happen again after the next pregnancy?

Breast implants and pregnancy

+1

If you are going to get pregnant soon, I would put off getting the implants.  The breasts may ver well sag more after the second one.

Breast implants and lift before getting pregnant.

+1

Your breasts are likely to sag after the pregnancy especially since you have seen it happen to yourself in the past.  You can go ahead with the surgery and have a touch up after baby is born or you can wait until you are done having kids.  Lots of women are pregnant with breast implants.  It doesn't't affect breast feeding unless your milk ducts are cut.  A typical breast augmentation and life will not damage the ducts.

Breasts change with pregnancy in unpredictable ways.

+1

Hi!

It is quite likely that your breasts will sag more with another pregnancy.  So your choices are 1) to have the breast augmentation now, and be prepared for a touch up after your next baby, or 2) wait until you are done with pregnancies before having surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Pregnancy after breast augmentation should not pose problems

+1

Many of our patients ask about pregnancy after breast augmentation and there is no problem with pregnancy or breast feeding for that matter. An individual seeking augmentation may be in her early twenties before starting a family, after one or more pregnancies, or after completing her family. Pregnancy itself does not cause ptosis, or a descent of the nipple, though it does often result in volume loss. The volume loss is easily restored with breast augmentation, and maintained through pregnancies after augmentation. You can wait until after completing your family as some of our patients do, or complete augmentation now and make the most of the years in between. Feel free to choose.

peterejohnsonmd

The effect of pregnancy will vary from woman to woman

+1

It is difficult to determine what effect pregnancy will have on your breasts. Some women tell me that there are varying effects from one prgnancy to the next.

As long as you chose an appropriate sized implant and determine whether you would benefot from a breast lift or not, you may chose to postpone until after your pregnancy.

Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Wait until after the pregnancy

+1

Every woman reacts differently with pregnancy and weight changes. I would suspect that your breasts would act like they acted with the other pregnancies. I would advise waiting until after your last pergnancy.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breasts could sag more after pregnancy

+1

If you are planning on more kids, soon maybe wait until after the children are set. You might want a breast lift as opposed to just breast implants if things are sagging quite a bit.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon