Sagging Breasts After Breastfeeding, Can Implants Make an Improvement? (photo)

I have breastfed 4 children and am left with sagging breasts. I would like implants but not to keen on a lift. my nipples are 3cm above my crease and 20cm below my collarbone. I liked the full look I had when breastfeeding and would be happy with that. Is a lift absolutely necessary?

Lift is NOT absolutely necessary

+1

Hello Kezuk, thanks for your question!  Based on your description of your breasts and your photos, I think breast implants alone will give you a great, natural look. It sounds like you're looking for a natural look without breast lift scars, so I think implants alone would be the best option for you. Of course, you need to meet with at least one board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and discuss your situation in detail with you. Then, the two of you can make a plan for you!  I hope that helps and wish you the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Breasts After Breastfeeding

+1

If a lift is not consistent with your objectives and you understand the potential drawbacks, you may be able to proceed with just the augmentation. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Lifting Necessary?

+1

At first glance it may appear that breast augmentation alone will suffice. However, I think you may have significant loose/redundant skin along the lower poles of the breasts and will likely benefit from some breast lifting surgery.

I would suggest that you pick your plastic surgeon carefully and choose the operation that will give you the best long-term result.

Implants could work

+1

From the description and measurements you provided, it seems like all you would need would be implants. A plastic surgeon would be able to make a precise determination during a cosnultation.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Sagging breast

+1

You should be good with an implant alone as long as the nipples are above the inframammary fold.  If you are unhappy with the outcome, you could always do a secondary lift if needed.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast augmentation for correcting sagging breasts after breast feeding

+1

Many women experience the same problem. Their breasts sag and deflate after breast feeding. Sagging can be a result of simple breast tissue atrophy or a combination of breast atrophy and having stretched out skin that fall off your body. In your case, it appears that your breast sag is simply a result of breast tissue atrophy. You can restore your youthful breast appearance by replacing the lost volume through either a breast augmentation of fat grafting to the breast. These procedures will lift you breast and place your nipple in a more natural position. In some women, the skin is also stretched out from the heavy weight of the breasts when it was engorged during breast feeding. In these women, a mastopexy augmentation would be the procedure of choice.

Perry Liu, MD

Breast augmentation alone will correct mild sagging.

+1

Hi.

1)  I don't know why there is so much uncertainty.  You are straightforward.  You do not need a lift and in fact would probably look worse with a lift (aside from the scars). 

2)  A moderate sized breast augmentation will get you what you want (and now we are doing an internal --scarless -- breast lift together with the implants).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sagging, deflated breasts, what are the best alternatives?

+1

From your photograph it is apparent that you have some degree of breast sagging as well as a loss of breast volume.  From your side view it appears that your nipple is just at or just below the crease behind the breast.  Depending upon the size of implant used and the degree of your skin laxity a breast implant alone may be appropriate.  If your skin is extremely lax, that is to say if you grasp the area around the nipple and pull forward and this stretches for greater than 3 cm a breast lift with an augmentation may be needed.  

Breast lift question

+1
Thanks for the pictures, A full side view is always needed. It appears that you have volume loss, ptosis and minor asymmetry. You also have a mild sternal depression in midline and a narrow breast diameter given your chest width.  A submuscular augmentation and a lift procedure is probably the way to go. A gel implant may be better for you since it tends to be softer and wrinkle less. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon