Sagging Breasts After Breastfeeding, Can Implants Make an Improvement? (photo)

I have breastfed 4 children and am left with sagging breasts. I would like implants but not to keen on a lift. my nipples are 3cm above my crease and 20cm below my collarbone. I liked the full look I had when breastfeeding and would be happy with that. Is a lift absolutely necessary?

Breast augmentation without a breast lift

+1
I have helped women address mild to moderate sagging with breast augmentation alone, by taking into account the size you'd like to be and the amount of lift you require during the pre-surgery planning process.

I consider these three things to help give you the extra lift you require to make your breasts “perkier” without mastopexy:

1) During your breast augmentation, the breast implants will be placed directly under the breast tissue and above the chest wall muscle (in the sub-mammary position).

2) The best breast implants to use for a perkier result contain silicone gel that is more cohesive, such as the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 (formerly known as Soft-Touch gel). These implants are slightly firmer to maintain their shape better, but still retain their natural feel.

3) The shape of your breast implants should have more, rather than less, projection. Breast implants with a smaller base width will make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body, creating a more prominent contour. “Profile” is a synonym for projection, therefore look for high profile implants.
Generally speaking, larger breast implants can also help give a better lift, sometimes raising the position of the nipple by one or two centimetres.

You may not need a breast lift, however to determine this you would need a consultation with a surgeon who has experience with performing breast augmentation on breasts affected by mild to moderate sagging. Best of luck!

Lift is NOT absolutely necessary

+1

Hello Kezuk, thanks for your question!  Based on your description of your breasts and your photos, I think breast implants alone will give you a great, natural look. It sounds like you're looking for a natural look without breast lift scars, so I think implants alone would be the best option for you. Of course, you need to meet with at least one board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and discuss your situation in detail with you. Then, the two of you can make a plan for you!  I hope that helps and wish you the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Breasts After Breastfeeding

+1

If a lift is not consistent with your objectives and you understand the potential drawbacks, you may be able to proceed with just the augmentation. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Lifting Necessary?

+1

At first glance it may appear that breast augmentation alone will suffice. However, I think you may have significant loose/redundant skin along the lower poles of the breasts and will likely benefit from some breast lifting surgery.

I would suggest that you pick your plastic surgeon carefully and choose the operation that will give you the best long-term result.

Implants could work

+1

From the description and measurements you provided, it seems like all you would need would be implants. A plastic surgeon would be able to make a precise determination during a cosnultation.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Sagging breast

+1

You should be good with an implant alone as long as the nipples are above the inframammary fold.  If you are unhappy with the outcome, you could always do a secondary lift if needed.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast augmentation for correcting sagging breasts after breast feeding

+1

Many women experience the same problem. Their breasts sag and deflate after breast feeding. Sagging can be a result of simple breast tissue atrophy or a combination of breast atrophy and having stretched out skin that fall off your body. In your case, it appears that your breast sag is simply a result of breast tissue atrophy. You can restore your youthful breast appearance by replacing the lost volume through either a breast augmentation of fat grafting to the breast. These procedures will lift you breast and place your nipple in a more natural position. In some women, the skin is also stretched out from the heavy weight of the breasts when it was engorged during breast feeding. In these women, a mastopexy augmentation would be the procedure of choice.

Perry Liu, MD

Breast augmentation alone will correct mild sagging.

+1

Hi.

1)  I don't know why there is so much uncertainty.  You are straightforward.  You do not need a lift and in fact would probably look worse with a lift (aside from the scars). 

2)  A moderate sized breast augmentation will get you what you want (and now we are doing an internal --scarless -- breast lift together with the implants).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

No lift

+1

Dear Kezuk,

From looking at your pictures, I have good news for you since you dislike additional scarring . The implants will fill up the saggy skin and raise the nipples. Lowering the submammary crease will make the nipple appear higher and perky. Having, what's look like, broad shoulder, a full C or a D cup will look beautifull on you since you like the full look when you were breast feeding. Be sure to select an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can show you picture of women like you.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Sagging, deflated breasts, what are the best alternatives?

+1

From your photograph it is apparent that you have some degree of breast sagging as well as a loss of breast volume.  From your side view it appears that your nipple is just at or just below the crease behind the breast.  Depending upon the size of implant used and the degree of your skin laxity a breast implant alone may be appropriate.  If your skin is extremely lax, that is to say if you grasp the area around the nipple and pull forward and this stretches for greater than 3 cm a breast lift with an augmentation may be needed.