Sagging After Full Uplift, 340cc High Profile Implants? (photo)

Hi All, I had the full uplift with 340cc HP implants. However after 7 mnths they have sagged a lot and have lost the fullness at the top and middle where I really needed it. All the fullness is at the bottom and sides and they point outwards. I was a 36E pre-op with d/dd cup breast tissue, I am 5ft11 size 12/14 (UK). I have measured my BWD and unless I am doing in incorrectly it is 20cm and chest is juts under 40cm. Should I have had LP implants instead? Many thanx in advance.

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

What you have experienced is not uncommon;  sometimes it can be very challenging to keep the breast implants in a higher position where many patients want them to be.  In other words, maintaining this superior pole volume can be challenging.

As you know, the major underlying issue is the loss of skin elasticity. Further surgery may be necessary to further lift the breasts. Keep in mind, that despite best efforts it may be very difficult to maintain the breast implants  in the position that you desire. I do not think that a change in the breast implant profile will necessarily be helpful.

Sagging After Full Uplift, 340cc High Profile Implants?

+1

Thanks for the questions and posted photos. It may be me but I feel your result is very very good. No I would not exchange to LP implants. Maybe best to have in person second opinions. 

Sagging After Augmentation Mastopexy

+1

What you are experiencing is quite common in women who have as much natural breast tissue  as you do/did. Keeping that tissue tight and centered over an implant is very difficult in the long run no matter what technique is used for the lift. Your result may not be what you hoped for but is still an improvement over your pre-op condition. Changing your implants is unlikely to make any difference whatsoever and may possibly make things worse.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sagging after breast augmentation and mastopexy

+1

Your results are actually quite good. The shape of your breast is much improved and the result is quite natural. But I can understand your disappointment. There is a limitation to what can be achieved with certain breast augmentation and mastopexy techniques. I assume that what you were hoping for was to have significantly increased upper pole volume. The only way to achieve that in your case would be to have a more aggressive lifting procedure. A low profile implant would not help and would actually be worse in your case. I would advise against changing your implants to try to get more upper pole volume. It would work in the very short term, but would inevitably look much worse with time. A more aggressive breast lift in which the breast tissue is shaped (i.e. a vertical breast reduction/lift) would be your best chance of getting the look you are hoping for. But my personal opinion would be to leave well enough alone, because your results are natural and normal now. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon