PMMA, Implants or Fat Transfer As Safest Butt Lift Procedure?

I had an implant of 300cc silicone gel inserted in my buttocks, behind the muscles. I since have pain in my legs and my butt. It seems to make a pressure on the sciatic nerve.

So, I think of removing this implant now but it will probably leave a or empty space because the doctor made a pocket to insert the implant. So, what should I do now?Should I remove the implant, reduce the size, remove and wait or refill with Fat or PMMA? What is the safest butt lifting procedure?

Please guide me.

Fat transfer to the butt is the safest and most reliable technique for augmentation

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is a popular and effective procedure to contour the butt and create a rounder appearance. In this procedure, your surgeon will perform liposuction to the abdomen, hips, lower back, and waist and then collect this fat and clean and process it before strategically transplanting it to your butt. This will have the benefit of creating a tighter and more shapely waist and abdomen and a fuller, round butt.

For your best results, the experience and the technique by your surgeon uses it is essential. For this reason only work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in butt augmentation, butt contouring, and Brazilian butt lift techniques.

Revision of Unsatisfactory Butt Implant Augmentaion

+1

Buttock Augmentation with Implants CAN be done by placing the implants EITHER|

- under the buttock Skin (NOT a good idea),
- under the buttock muscle lining (fascia) (not a good idea)
- in a pocket IN the buttock muscle (best option)
- UNDER the buttock muscle (NOT a good idea because of movement / migration and pressure on the Sciatic nerve which is not limited to pain but also to numbness and leg muscle weakness and paralysis with muscle wasting)

Personally, to put things in perspective, I THINK that having a sub-standard butt on legs that can walk is a whole lot better than the best looking butt on a pair of weak or paralyzed legs. I would therefore recommend the implants be removed and the area allowed to heal.

In 6-8 months, if you so wish, with everything being in order, you may have Fat transfer to the buttocks. A much safer option, especially for you.

Dr. P. Aldea

PS I would STRONGLY suggest you do NOT put ANYTHING else in your buttocks. Those "fillers" can never be removed and you will be deformed for life.

Butt implant removal and replacement with fat or PMMA

+1

This is a complex problem and there is no doubt that you will get many different and confusing recommendations.

From a traditional standpoint, the most conservative approach, in my opinion is implant removal followed by delayed transfer of fat. PMMA is not FDA approved in the USA, to the best of my knowledge.

Simultaneous implant removal and fat grafting is an option. However, understand that the fat will not be placed in the space where the implant was located. The fat is generally injected into the muscle above the implant.

Silicone gel butt implant

+1

Do I understand that you had a silicone gel placed submuscular for Buttock Enhancement?

The only Gel that is used for butt enhancement is the "GUMMY BEAR IMPLANT" which is not available in the USA. Did you do it outside the US?

If it is a regular breast implant, then you need a CT scan or MRI of the Lumbar back and down to the upper thigh to rule out implant rupture and free silicone floating around the sciatic nerve.

The implant if put low can press on the sciatic nerve. It should be removed.

I would tend to recomend FAT TRANSFER to correct the deformity, if it exists.

Meanwhile, you are giving the sciatic nerve time to heal and making the approprite diagnosis of the pain. Then I would do the correction.