What is Safer for Breast Tissue - Implant (Silicone) Not Too Wide or Not Too Much Projection - if Both Stretch the Skin?

I am considering Sientra round high profile silicone implants that are 405cc, 435cc and 460cc and under the muscle. (I like the look of 405cc in my bra which I assume looks smaller under muscle) My BWD is 11.5cm. I am 5'6" 110lbs. The implant projection is almost the same (4.6cm and 4.7cm) but the widths are 12cm, 12.1cm to 12.8cm. Will the smaller implant with less width but about the same projection give about the same "look" atleast from the side view as the larger implant?

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.