Is This Truly a Safer and Permanent Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?

I researched a little and found that a permanent filler to *lessen* the appearance of a bump is called Artefill and that it is FDA approved. I like the front view of my nose but the side has a bump (my nose isnt big but its not small like some either).Would you reccomend it and by permanent does it mean its truly permanent and safe? Plus, is the process long and is the recovery painful? And do saline injections let you "preview" your nose result? A lot of questions, I know =) Thank You!

Silicone for permanent and safe non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

The only truly permanent filler is liquid injectable silicone (Silikon 1000) which is proven to be safe and effective for correcting nasal defects.  It is effective because it is precise and can correct even the smallest of imperfections.  When injected properly by a well-trained, board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the use of silicone, there is no better filler for the non-surgical rhinoplasty.  Of note, the use of silicone as filler for aging lines, acne scars, the non-surgical rhinoplasty is considered off-label. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=25

How to have a safe non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Trisha from Colorado,

Your questions are great.  Artefill has been FDA approved for use in the nasolabial folds.  Using it in the nose at this time, like with all the other fillers is an off-label use. Here are my recommendations:

1. The first time you have an injector place filler anywhere, start off with a temporary filler like Restylane.  Then when you guys love the results, consider Artefill.
  2. Artefill is appropriate for placing in the bridge of the nose for hump camouflage.
  3. Artefill is partially permanent, half of what is placed is collagen, half stays, so plan on multiple treatments, usually 2-3.
  4. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is an advanced filler technique so choose an injector who specializes in it.
  5. Saline Injections are great for previews!

Good luck in your search for information!

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/dermafillers-nose.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill for rhinoplasty

+1

I do not use any permanent fillers.  I would recommend that you preview with a different non permanent filler (Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm etc), not saline . These will give you a realistic preview as well as allow you to "preview"  the skill of your  chosen injector. Please be sure you are beig treated by someone with a lot of experience.  He or she should be a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon with a lot of filler experience.  The process is remarkably easy to go through  and relatively affordable as you need such a small amount of product. 

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill for permanent augmentation of the nose

+1

Ive used Artefill for over a decade in Canada.  It is a good product but has very specific uses.  It has a component of the product which is a plastic mico sphere which creates a body reaction to build permanent collagen matrix.  Approximately 80 percent of the injection result is long lasting or permanent.  The risk is lumps which are difficult to remove.  I would recommed you use a temporary product or consider surgical rhinoplasty  before using Artefill in  the nose.  Products such as restylane are safer and reversible.  In my practice Artefill is a good product for correcting miner post surgical imperfections along the bridge after surgical rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.solomonfacialplastic.com/botox-facial-fillers-lasers/artecoll-procedure.php

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.