Is it possible to safely shape my nose into a smooth bridge with no hump? (photos)

Looking to smooth bridge to have no hump. To straighten out the bridge to make the face symmetrical and nose to not be crooked. And to thin bridge a little bit to give more of an appealing shape just as in the last two pictures.

Rhinoplasty

+2
Removing the nasal hump is a common request from many patients.  Based on your photos, it appears you would be an excellent candidate for this.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help and guide you towards achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize the areas of concern as well as what you may look like afterwards.

Rhinoplasty questions

+2
I would do exactly what you describe.  You are a pretty young lady but I can appreciate your desire to remove the hump on your nose.  Pretty straightforward rhinoplasty, but nonetheless, choose your surgeon carefully and preferably go on three consults until you find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  Your procedure can be done as a closed rhinoplasty.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Removal of Dorsal Bump

+2
Based on the profile photographs, you seem to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure to remove the dorsal bump on your nose and thin the bridge.  Often when the bump is removed, the bridge needs to be narrowed as well to maintain the proper balance of the nose.  Dr. B.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Nose

+2
You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty and should get an amazing result.  Find a surgeon that will take your photos digitally and then alter them with your input till you see the result you are looking for and then ask him how he will accomplish it.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Possible to shave my nose into a straight bridge with no hump?

+2
  • Yes it is very possible to smooth your bridge without a hump and to straighten the bridge to make the face symmetrical and the nose not crooked. It is important that you choose your plastic surgeon carefully he should be board certified in plastic surgery or facial plastic surgery and experienced in rhinoplasty. Best wishes!

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery

+1
What you are describing is what I am trying to achieve with almost every nose procedure that I do. I individualize the parts depending on what bothers the patient more. I suggest you watch my full length video of the procedure. I also do not advocate making the cut at the base of the nose for that causes prolonged swelling and sometimes a bad visible scar!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Dear Fitlife, Yes you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and it is very possible to smooth your bridge and straighten the bridge to help bring symmetry to your face and overall balance to your facial aesthetics. It is important in ethnic rhinoplasty to match the patients nose to their overall facial aesthetics in order to have a natural looking nose so it appears that you were born with it. During consultation you may seek a specialist who uses a digital imaging computer and then you can see the proposed changes prior to surgery. You can make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. Wishing you the best! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Every nose is unique and it is difficult to make your nose  look exactly like someone else but you should be able to achieve the goals you mention.  Find a board certified surgeon who does a lot of nasal surgery for the best result.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
Improving the bump on your nose among other things should be possible with rhinoplasty. Best to be properly evaluated in person.

Dorsal reduction

+1
The dorsum of your nose where the hump is can be rasped down for a straigth or slightly concave dorsum.  Osteotomies to bring your nasal bones in would complement this and thin the width of your nose.  This would be a well described rhinoplasty procedure.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon