Can I Safely Have Pelleve if I Had Juvederm 5 Months Ago?

Is it safe to have Pelleve if I had Juvederm 5 months ago? Will it dissolve some of the filler? (I wouldn't mind if it did as my results are still a bit too full).

Use of Radio Frequency Treatment following Juvederm Treatment

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

The scientific literature would suggest that applying RadioFrequency treatment over the same area following a deep dermal treatment with hyaluronic acid derivatives does not appear to cause gross morphological changes in the filler material or surrounding skin. Subsequently, you should be safe to proceed with your Pelleve Treatment.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Pelleve after Juvederm

+1
It is absolutely safe to have Pelleve three weeks or more after fillers. Your Juvederm will not be degraded.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Pelleve after Juvederm

+1

Pelleve after Juvederm is both safe and may extend the life of your filler by building collagen in that area.  It will not denature (dissolve) the filler.

Z. Paul Lorenc, MD

Radio frequency treatments and Juvederm or Restylane fillers

+1
In my experience and in reviewing scientific literature there should be no problems using radiofrequency like Thermage or Pelleve after any hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restylane. I hope this helps you in your decision making. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Pelleve SAFE to combine with Injectable Fillers

+1

Pelleve is newest innovation in non-invasive skin tightening, providing visible and lasting results with smoother, tighter skin.  It has been FDA- cleared to treat facial wrinkles without surgery.

It works by heating the deep layers of your skin using advanced radio-wave technology without damaging the epidermis, or top layer.  There has been no evidence to suggest that using a Radio Frequency treatment- such as Pelleve-on areas treated with hyaluronic acid or other types of injectable fillers will cause any change or deterioration in the injectable material OR change the look of the injectable correction previously achieved. 

The heat produced by the Pelleve causes the collagen in your skin to contract and tighten. After the treatment, your skin will start to produce new collagen. The result is an improvement in skin quality, firmness and tightness you can see and feel.

It is perfectly safe to combine Pelleve with Injectable Fillers. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pellevé and Juvéderm

+1

Absolutely -- the radiofrequencey treatment will not dissolve your Juvéderm.  There are even some animal and human studies to suggest that there may be increased neocollagenesis (increased build-up of collagen) because the two may act synergistically.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Can you have radiofrequency skin treatments after juvederm injections?

+1

There are no studies evaluting the effect of RF devices on underlying injectable fillers. We looked at 8 commonly used lasers/light devices overlying hyaluronic acid fillers and found only the very deep, aggressive treatments MAY effect the underlying injectable. I would agree with the other MDs that it probably won't effect your filler but we really don't know.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Pelleve` 5 Months After Juvederm Injections

+1

Hi Still,

Yes it is okay to have RF treatments such as Pelleve` five months after Juvederm.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Radiofrequency can be done over fillers

+1

We do not have evidence that radiofrequency, such as with Thermage, or similarly Pelleve, would destroy or the fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

Yes you can. See an injector doctor in your area to preform. Regards from MIAMI Dr,. Darryl J. Blinski