Is it safe to have Zoom Whitening treatment if I have very receded gums but no gum disease?

Sensitivity

+1
Additionally you can ask your dentist to prescribe prevident5000 or gelcam. They are Rx strength fluoride passes and gels. If you have bleaching tray, you cam use them with the fluoride to combat sensitivity. Been doing it for years and patients report little to know sensitivity if used for an hour or
so immediately after removing the bleach. Be sure to remove the bleach first:)

Newark Cosmetic Dentist

Zoom whitening with receding gum line ... #DrSoftTouch

+1
From the sound of things, it appears that you may experience some sensitivity, due to the recession.  There are really no other contraindications against getting the in-office Zoom, besides the likely tooth sensitivity that you'll face.  My recommendation would be for you to try the take-home custom whitening trays provided by your dentist.  He/She will provide a highly concentrated whitening gel, but you won't have to worry about the increased sensitivity from the heat of Zoom lamp.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Belleville Cosmetic Dentist