Is It Safe to Do Zeltiq During Breastfeeding?

Coolsculpting and Breastfeeding

+2

Although it is unlikely that the two have anything to do with the other, I would not treat a patient while breast feeding. There may be an issue with the triggered hormonal changes that occur with breastfeeding that do not regularly need to be considered and how they impact skin. I would advise this patient to wait if they can.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Not Safe to Do Zeltiq During Breastfeeding

+1

Pregnant and breast-feeding women are not considered candidates for CoolSculpting. Although there are no studies that show a negative correlation, it is best to err on the side of caution. Wait until you are done breast-feeding to receive the treatment. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Zeltiq not appripriate when breast feeding.

+1

Unf Unfortunately Zeltiq is not appropriate for those who are pregnant or currently breast feeding, but is an option if the patient is a good candidate after they stop breast feeding. Although there is no evidence that it can harm breast milk, there is no evidence that it is safe so we err on the side of caution.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting while breast feeding

+1

I do not think that there have been any studies performed in regards to nursing moms and Coolsculpting.  Ideally, I would ask that you wait until you are done breast feeding and have lost as much baby weight as possible prior to having the procedure.  Better to be on the safer side.

Hope this helps.

CoolSculpting and breast feeding

+1

I am not aware of any report of an interaction or safety issue with breast feeding and CoolSculpting. However, the Zeltiq company certainly didn't take volunteers who were pregnant or breast feeding to test the results and submit the data to the FDA.  During the analyses  of the results they did have, there was no issue of concern of fat levels in the blood.  You might want to ask your pediatrician who could consult with the company to ask their opinion.

Ronald Shelton, MD