Is It Safe to Get Waist Training After Getting Waist Liposuction

I want a small waist but I know liposuction on my waist won't make a huge difference so I was thinking about getting waist training after liposuction to get maximum results, is this safe? would this be effective?

The more you exercise after lipo, the quicker you see the great results!

+2

I start patients walking right away the next day after liposuction and they can start strenuous exercising 1 week after the procedure.  I do the tumescent technique local liposuction and the patients walk out after the surgery just fine.  Good Luck.

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Weight training after liposuction

+1

Resuming exercise too soon after liposuciton can increase swelling (edma) and possibly even cause small areas of bleeding that produce firm hard bumpy areas. To minimize this exercise should be avoided for 3 weeks. I prefer a course of Pilates style exercise regimen to promote core strengthening.

In general people who undergo liposuction can return to light exercise in 24 hours

+1

In general people who undergo liposuction can return to light exercise in 24 hours, especially if done under local anesthesia. If the waist area is treated, then it is usually advisable to wait several dfays before really targetting this area in the gymn. Always ask your doctor what he/she recommends.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise and liposuction

+1

You should ask your doctor when you are permitted to restart exercise regimens after liposuction. Every surgeon is a bit different.

Exercise is ok after liposuction a couple of weeks to a month after surgery

+1

Depending on your surgery, the surgeon may say that extreme exercise is permissible two weeks to as late as two months after liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Exercise after liposuction safe and helpful

+1

Exercising your waist after getting waist liposuction is safe and exercise will certainly help improve your results.  Remember, though, that waist exercises may strengthen the muscles in your waist, but may not make your waist slimmer.  You have to burn calories to lose fat, so you may need to incorporate cardio.  As far as when it is safe to start exercising, let your surgeon guide you.  I perform liposuction using local anesthesia only (tumescent liposuction), and I advise patients that they can return to exercising within the first week.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Resuming Waist Training After waist Liposuction

+1
I am not sure if you are asking WHEN you can safely resume waist training OR if waist training would be HELPFUL and augment the results of your waist liposuction. In general, liposuction leaves hundreds of tunnels in the fat between the skin and the muscle. We want these to be collapsed BEFORE they fill with inflammation fluid and to stay collapsed. If you exercise too soon or do not wear a compression garment, the liposuction tunnels fill with fluid and you will wonder why you are not seeing the result of your liposuction. In MY opinion while you COULD go to the gym a few days after surgery, I would wait a few weeks to prevent the side to side movement from daring the tunnels open and flod them with fluid. In a few weeks' time the tunnels are permanently collapsed and you can exercises much as you want. As regards the Ability of such exercises to narrow your waist, that would depend on WHY your waist is wide-Pregnancy? Obesity? etc. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea

There should be no problem working out after you have healed from liposuction.

+1

Abdominal liposuction is performed in a variety of ways.  For this reason, you need to ask your specific liposuction surgeon when it is safe to return to vigorous exercise.  I practice tumescent liposuction and generally patients return to their work outs in 2 to 5 days.  However, many surgeons require their patients to wait a longer period of time before permitting a return to the gym.  This time frame is based on experience with prior patients and how they have done.  For this reason, you need direct guidance from your actual surgeon.  It is not appropriate to follow another surgeon's time frame for returning to the gym. However, ultimately, no tummy lipo will in no way prevent you from working out like crazy after surgery once your surgeon releases you to return to the gym.