At Home Vi Peel - Safe?

Is It Safe to Us VIpeel at Home Because I Suffer from Pigmentation ? im not sure if we have licensed centers that provide this treatment in my country .

Home Peels a Bad Idea!

+1

Peels can give quite dramatic results when done by an experienced practitioner. However, they can be somewhat unpredictable. If you develop a  superficial infection it can make the peel go deeper and lead to scaring. Post treatment they require close supervision. Also, if you have a history of cold sores you can set off an out break which can lead to scaring if not properly treated.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

ViPeel not an at home treatment

+1
Don't do it at home. Find a qualified, licensed person to do your peel. If you try it at home you run the risk of burns and scars that could be permanent!

Daniel J. Ladd Jr., DO
Austin Dermatologist

No, it's not safe to do the Vi peel at home

+1
The Vi Peel is designed to be used by a licensed professional. There can be complications and the person applying the people should be trained as how to minimize risks, know if the person is a good candidate for the peel and treat any problems.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

VI Peel at home? Not a great idea.

+1

First, you should have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who can evaluate your skin and tell you if a VI peel is even a good option for you.  If they don't offer the VI peel, they may have another suitable option.

I would not advise buying products online (who knows if they're legitimate, if they're expired, etc?), and I would not advise a self-diagnosis. 

Carmen Kavali, MD