How Safe is Vaser Shape if You Are Trying to Conceive? Would It Hinder Conception?

I am demoing the machine for work so I'm only having 1 treatment. It's way too early to tell if I'm pregnant before the procedure as I will probably ovulate this weekend and have the procedure Monday afternoon I just wanted to know if it can prevent conception.

Can VASER SHAPE impede Pregnancy?

+2

The VASER SHAPE sends ultrasound waves into the fat layer under the skin where combined with the on-off suction it helps lymphatic clearing of any injured fat cells. The ultrasound waves do not go into the abdomen. That being said, NO device or medication on the US market has been checked for safety with pregnancy. Doing so would be VERY expensive. As a result, manufacturers recommend that pregnant women or those wishing to become pregnant not use any of them (such as Botox, fillers etc). So, even though the science suggests there would be no harm in doing so, if you want to avoid any chances of interference, do not use any device or medication which has not been specifically clear as safe for pregnant women.

VASER Shape

+1

I recommend you refrain from all similar machines until you have finished the conception /delivery part, and even breastfeeding. Wait until all that is done.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Vaser shape and pregnancy

+1

While it is highly unlikely that external energy ultrasound waves could cause problems with pregnancy, why chance it?  Good luck with conceiving.

Vaser Shape safety in conception

+1

There is no evidence that such an external energy source designed to cause disruption and injury to fat cells inside your body is safe during conception or pregnancy. Diagnostic ultrasound is safe but not necessarily focused beam of ultrasound, light or radiofrequency expecially when they are designed to cause anatomic changes and cell damage. I would not advise you to risk your efforts in become pregnant by such exposure.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safety of VASER lipo

+1

VASER liposuction is very safe and effective if properly performed.  You cannot guarantee best results unless you work with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

There should be little risk if you are pregnant, but I advise patients to wait until they have reached a steady-state in terms of their weight before considering any contouring procedure.  Certainly during pregnancy your body will be changing.

Daniel Greenwald, MD