Is It Safe to Get a Tummy Tuck if You Have Vertigo?

Hi I want a tummy tuck more than anything. I'm 31 yrs old and have two children. I was told that I have vertigo. I would like to know is it safe to perform a tummy tuck procedure with vertigo?

Tummy tuck and vertigo.

+1

The answer to this question depends upon the reason for your vertigo. You would need a clearance from your neurologist prior to undergoing surgery. However, in most cases, there is no reason why you couldn't undergo surgery. Due to this condition however, you would likely require more assistance at home during your recovery period.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Medical clearance will be necessary.

+1

You will need medical clearance from a neurologist before your surgery.  It also depends on what is causing your vertigo.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Vertigo and tummy tuck

+1

Vertigo is not an absolute contraindication to get a tummy tuck, but you should get evaluated by a neurologist first to get clearance.

Need full medical clearance before abdominoplasty.

+1

Hi.

It depends on what is causing your vertigo. You need a full neurological evaluation. You will probably be able to go ahead.

Possible Tummy Tuck

+1

You should discuss your desire to have plastic surgery with you Primary Care Physician. Your PCP will be able to advise you as to the safety of elective surgery  based  on your personal health history.   Best wishes!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.