Is it safe to have tummy tuck, extensive Lipo and fat transfer to buttocks or BBL at the same time?

I've lost 100 pounds I'm considering plastic surgery. I have lots hanging skin. I am 5'3 180 lbs. Is it safe to have tummy tuck, lipo and fat transfer to buttocks at the same time?

Tt and fat injections

+2

Hi  mrsnewboody. Congratulations on your weight loss. I don't like to combine tt and fat injections in the butt because you will be lying on you butt which is bad for fat injection. I do however feel that a lower body lift which includes a lateral thigh lift and an auto-augmentation of the buttocks will give you a good result. Before doing any surgery I would make sure that you could not lose any more weight, which will reduce your complication rate and allow your surgeon to get a better result.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

TT and BBL

+1
Safety is number one and your Tummy Tuck would probably be circumferential and the skin removal will be very large, having in mind that almost 10% of the skin resected will be blood and 20-30% of the fat removed during the Liposuction is blood, you doctor have to be very mindful on the amount of fat removed during the liposuction in order to prevent any further complication.
The fat grafting into your butt will not affect negatively to your outcome.
Talk to your doctor and let him guide you through the safest way.
Have a great journey.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

TT, Lipo and BBL at the same time.

+1

Safety should be your number one concern and thus you may want to divide the procedures into two surgeries. Anesthesia time is an important component to consider as is healing time. I would not recommend any aggressive lipo to be done at the same time as a tummy tuck. The blood supply to areas of your abdomen can be compromised and the skin on your abdomen could be compromised. When considering such a large surgery its best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and have a treatment plan tailored just for you. 

Raj Ambay, MD

Tampa, FL

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Multiple procedures

+1
Thank you for the pictures and good job on the weight loss !

I do suggest getting all the procedures done on the same day, how ever you should have your Doctor and Anesthesiologist check your labs to detect any slight problems with your body, you should be in great health in order to be a candidate for all this.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Body lift and buttock augmentation

+1
A body lift might be what you are looking for after so much weight loss. I am not a fan of rotating tissue flaps int he buttock region, because I find that they do not go as low as you like. You may want to consider fat injection to the buttock first, then removal of the excess skin and fat at a later time. This is often safer.  Best to be seen in person.

Gluteal Auto augmentation with lower body lift

+1

congratulations on your weight loss! 

For you I recommend a circumferential or all around tummy tuck ( a lower body lift) with gluteal auto augmentation.  In short, the skin and fat that would have been removed from the back and the sides can be rolled up, kept on its vascular pedicel for blood supply, then tucked into the buttocks for volume and shape, during the body lift.  The front of the abdomen is reconstructed like a regular tummy tuck.  Good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Consider recovery with each procedure

+1
Hi, while these procedures can be performed safely together you will likely get a better result and a much easier recovery if you break them up into two or more procedures. Post op BBL you will need to ovoid sitting or lying on your backside and that will prove challenging if you are recovering from a tummy tuck at the same time. Consult with plastic surgeons in your area and discuss the best options for you and make sure to plan your recovery as well as your procedures. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1
 I often perform a TT with liposuction and the BBL at the same time, but I would not recommend it in your case. Your photos and your measurements suggest that the operations should be divided into 2 stages with the sequence to be discussed at time of consultation. This staging will allow for maximal safety and results. You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

+1

I perform the tummy tuck, liposuction, and BBL at the same time frequently, but I think a much better result could be obtained for you by performing the liposuction and BBL first and then the tummy tuck at a later date.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.