Is it safe to have a tummy tuck + breast lift + abdominal and between legs liposuction at the same time? I am 5"2 160lb? (photo)

I am a 25 yr old female, 5"2 160lbs mother of four...I am healthy and have had 3 c-sections, one of them with general anesthesia. Also after the tummy tuck how soon can I travel by plane? Is 5 weeks too soon? My skin elaxticity is very similar to the one on the picture, I am too shy to put a real picture.

Combining 3 body contouring proceduresokay and healthy young individual but risk of complications is greater

+1

Thank you for your question. It is very common to do a mommy makeover which is a combination of tummy tuck, liposuction, breast lift and breast augmentation. Since you are young and in good health you should be able to accomplish this. Adding liposuction of the medial thighs can probably also be done since you are not having the breast augmentation.

Just be aware and your surgeon should inform you that when you have multiple cosmetic plastic surgery procedures the risk of complications is higher than it is when only one procedure is done.

Safety of Multiple Procedures

+1

The combination of procedures you mention are what is referred to as a Mommy Makeover and is done frequently. As long as you are in good health you should not have a problem. Most recovery is complete at 3 weeks, so traveling at 5 weeks should be fine. At 6 weeks you should be fully recovered and able to resume your usual exercise program. Good Luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

+1

I could perform all of this in about 4 hours, which I think is reasonable in a healthy person. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Baltimore tummy tuck with a breast lift and liposuction

+1

It sounds like you should be just fine for this surgery based upon your photo, but I can't give you an exact answer without seeing you first. Also, you must be cleared by your internist before surgery. However, I routinely perform a tummy tuck with other procedures like breast lifts and liposuction safely. Also, I usually allow my patients to travel on a plane 3-4 weeks after surgery depending upon their recovery process. When you're on the plane, make sure you walk around a lot and do foot pump exercises while sitting. Thanks for your questions! Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Is it safe to have a tummy tuck + breast lift + abdominal and between legs liposuction at the same time?

+1

Often this is an acceptable combination provided your surgeon can complete the procedures in a reasonable amount of time--my threshold is 4 hours, many accept 6 hours.

My issues here are that your BMI is barely under 30, about which many surgeons would suggest more weight loss for both safety and improved outcome. Add to the mix a breast lift, liposuction, and a plane flight (out of town surgery?), my inclination would be to say no.

All the best.