Is It Safe to Have Tumescent Lipo with Epidural Anesthesia Tummy Tuck While Taking an Angiotesin Receptor Blocker Medication?

I have mild blood pressure that is well controlled on an angioitensin inhibitor called Candesartan. Is it safe to get tumescent lipo while taking this kind of medicine? I worry there could be an interaction with the epinephrine in tumescent solution or low blood pressure from anesthetic.

Tummy tuck surgery

+1

Best to check with the anesthesiologist who will be placing your epidural. In general, mild hypertension is not a contraindication for an epidural catheter or lipo or a tummy tuck but always a good idea to ask.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon