Is it safe to travel (on a cruise) five weeks after my breast augmentation surgery?

+1

Most likely, assuming you have been  complication free and not planning on participating in too strenuous of activities, you will be able to enjoy your cruise vacation 5 weeks after breast augmentation surgery.  Of course, your plastic surgeon alone should be your resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedure performed.

He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care. Online consultants' advise here may be confusing (and even dangerous).

Breast Augmentation and Travel

+1
As long as your recovery has been uneventful, I would say that 5 weeks is plenty of time to recover before travelling. I recommend that you see your surgeon to ensure that you are healing as expected and review any limitations. If your implants were placed subpectorally, your implants may be riding rather high still so you may not fit your bikini like you used to!

Holly Casey Wall, MD, FACS
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentaiton, travel after surgery, breast implants

+1
How fun for you! The first and best answer is to consult your surgeon directly. They are the one who worked with you and are familiar with your healing process. But on average 5 weeks should be time to go and enjoy yourself. Just remember to take it easy since you are freshly recovered by avoiding too much strenuous activity. Also take extra steps to protect your skin. Other than that, Bon Voyage!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Travel

+1
Yes, 5 weeks from surgery shouldn't be a problem for you to travel, I would check with your surgeon to be sure. Just be mindful of sun exposure on the incisions. Good luck!

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Travel after breast augmentation

+1

You will be fine to travel at that time. Keep in mind that the exercise restrictions you rplastic surgeon gave you still apply. No high impact activities.  

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

+1

You are more than ready, go and enjoy yourself but I recommend to avoid any high enduring activity.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
It should be ok to go on a cruise at 5 weeks after surgery, but that is if everything heals ok.  Best to ask your surgeon directly.

Safe to travel after breast augmentation

+1
I think it is safe to travel 5 weeks after surgery. Please consult with your Plastic Surgeon before booking any trips. I tell my patients after 2 weeks they can travel.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

When to take a cruise after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  In my experience most patients who have breast augmentation are able to take a cruise after 5 weeks.  This depends of course on normal postoperative healing and should be decided by the plastic surgeon who performed your surgery.

Please to is a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who is experienced in breast augmentation surgery and has an excellent reputation in your community.  Be sure to ask the surgeon if you can travel at 5 weeks on a cruise.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
Barring any problems which are unlikely, most patients could safely go on a cruise 5 weeks after a breast augmentation.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medicalhistory and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best iinterest. . I would suggest that you discussthis with your plastic surgeon who should be certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon