When is It Safe to Get Total FX on a Surgical Scar?

how long after surgery is it safe to get toal fx on the surgical scar? when is the best time in terms of results? thank you for your time!

Safe to Get Total FX on a Surgical Scar?

+1

Thank you for your question. The FX is not what I prefer to use on a scar. I like the Vbeam on scars, especially fresh ones with red in them. If they are older scars and depressed, then a CO2 is a great option. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Within Months

+1

There is no one time to do the laser on a scar.  In general, scars take at least 3 months to achieve most of their healing, although this can vary, depending on the type of scar and the location on the body.  You can do laser after 3 months, although doing it later is fine too.

Lisa Benest, MD
Burbank Dermatologist