Is it safe to tint my eyelashes while growing them out with Latisse?

I naturally have reddish/blonde hair, which of course means that my eyelashes are super blonde. So blonde that they are invisible without mascara on them. I've been using Latisse and my lashes are amazing! But it really upsets me that I have to cake on mascara to see them... can I get them safely tinted at a salon? I know that the FDA hasn't approved eyelash/eyebrow dyes, but I've seen some doctors say that it is safe, yet others don't think it is. What is the consensus? Is it safe to tint them?

+1

Tinting your eyelashes should not be a problem. As always though, use reasonable care and consideration when doing it.

+1

Latisse should not affect the safety of eyelash tinting. However, there are some risks to the eyes if the dye is not limited to the lash itself.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Murrieta Ophthalmologist

Tinting Eyelashes while on Latisse

+1

I have not heard of or read of any evidence that this is a problem. Be careful, as always, to avoid direct contact with the eye as this will cause irritation.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Tinting Eyelashes

+1

Tinting your eyelashes should be no different than dying your hair. I would recommend only tinting the hair itelf and avoid the skin of the eyelid where the root emerges. This may, as you have heard, cause some irritation. Discuss this fully with your physician regarding the pros and cons.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon