Is It Safe to Have Thermage After Botox Injection?

Is it safe to have thermage CPT done 1 day after botox injection for Crow's fleet and forehead lines?

Thermage and Botox

+1

It is very safe to have Thermage and Botox treatments - they can enhance the effects.  You can have Botox and Thermage one day apart, regardless which is done first.  If you are treating different areas, for example Botox for frown lines and Thermage for the jawline, they can be performed on the same day.

Toronto Dermatologist

Thermage treatment after Botox injection

+1

Yes, it is safe. It would be preferable to have Thermage done either before botox or wait at least one week after receiving your botox injection. This will reduce the risk of botox propagating.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Recommendation is to wait 24 hours after a BOTOX® Cosmetic injection.

+1

It is safe to have Thermage done after a Botox treatment. A few hours after the injection, most of the product has been absorbed and settled. We recommend you wait 24 hours before doing the treatment on the area recently treated with Botox. The biggest contra-indication would be to have thermage done immediately after having a dermal filler injected which could potentially be dissolved by the heat of the Thermage treatment.

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage after Botox

+1

There are definitely no safety issues to be concerned about if you are having Thermage after Botox.  As you probably already know, Thermage is working on the skin and Botox on the underlying muscles. Many of our patients combine the two procedures in close proximity to one another.

Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox safe after Thermage

+1

Botox is absolutely safe after thermage but I generally recommend waiting 48 - 72 hours after treament mainly to give any swelling from the Thermage procedure time to go away.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Thermage, radiofrequency waves, nonsurgical facelift

+1

Thermage is a radiofrequency waves that tighten the skin. It is usualy efectiove for any part of the body. It is the "secret" of many celebrities including Demi Moore! It is non-surgical and can especially help that mildly sagging skin that has some uneveness, even cellulite of the thighs. I perform this non-surgical procedure in my office and it usuall takes about one hour. Patients have to be realistic about its results though. It does tighten in the majority of cases but never like a surgical exciusion of tissue. Watych my vieos and further info on website.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Heating tissue such as with Thermage therapy may lessen the effects of botox

+1

Heating tissue such as with Thermage therapy may lessen the effects of botox. While this has not been proven several clinicians have discussed anecdotes of this phenomenon in their expeprience.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Botox and Thermage

+1

I would recommend waiting at least 72 hours after administration of Botox, if having Thermage to the same area.  Secondly, I would consider evaluating your goals with Thermage since the results have been very inconsistent.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon