Safe Way to Make the Swelling Subside Quickly After Full TT and Lipo?

I had a full TT with lipo to the flanks/lateral thighs on 24 April. I tried to go back to work today (7 May, 2 weeks PO) and could not fit into my military uniform. ended up taking an extra week, but I need to be able to fit into my uniform! I understand that my body will be swollen, but is there a SAFE way to help this process along, at least so I can go back to work?? I don't want to buy larger uniforms for such a temporary fix as they are quite expensive. Thank you for any advice.

Swelling After Full TT and Lipo

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery. There is no quick solution to postop swelling other than time and compression garments.  Consult with your surgeon as he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Swelling after surgery

+1

There is no quick way to decrease post op swelling.   Time and pressure garments are the best.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Postoperative swelling

+1

Swelling is inevitable after surgery.  It can be mitigated by use of compression garments, reduction of salt intake, and restriction of activities.  You can't rush the healing process.   I appreciate the desire to avoid a uniform purchase but, if you are otherwise able to return to work, it may be a small expense relative to the cost of the procedure and can always be altered later.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Swelling after surgery

+1

The short answer to what helps the swelling resolve: time and compression garments.   There really is no secret formula to expedite healing.  Please follow your PS's postop instructions including activity limitations.  In addition, continue with compressive therapy.   Pls see your PS if you feel you are experiencing excessive swelling.  Best of luck!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS