Is It Safe to Get a TCA Peel While Breastfeeding if I Pump & Dump a Period of Time?

I have extra breastmilk stores and am wondering if it would be safe for the baby if I had an 18% TCA peel, and if so how long should I pump and dump before resuming breastfeeding?

TCA Peels and Breast Feeding Safety

+1

TCA or Tricloacedic Acid is in the Vinegar Family (ascetic acid) so I doubt it would cause any harm to your baby even if traces were absorbed and found its way into your breast milk. However topical anesthetics that may have been used on your skin for comfort prior to the TCA could get into the breast milk. To be absolutely safe I would recommend discarding the beast milk for a few days.

TCA peels do not affect breast feeding.

+1

It is fine to get TCA peels while breast feeding since it is not absorbed into the body at all.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://TheBestLipoDoc.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.