Would It Be Safe to Get a Tattoo on Arm Before Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty?

I have my septoplasty and rhinoplasty in five days but I've been wanting to get a tattoo on my inner arm or my foot. Would it be safe to get it before my surgery? Or should I wait till after? If so, how long after is it safe to get my tattoo?

Tattoo Before Surgery

+3

Although this is generally safe, I’d recommend waiting until after you’re healed from your surgery to avoid putting additional stress on your immune system and to promote good healing of both the new tattoo area and your rhinoplasty surgery.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo before rhinoplasty is okay

+2

It is certainly acceptable to undergo a tattoo prior to any type of nasal surgery.  There are no contraindications having both procedures performed.

Tattoo is safe before rhinoplasty

+2

In general a tattoo is safe before rhinoplasty, even if your procedure is only five days away. Early on the tattoo is a bit uncomfortable and perhaps you are looking to have just one 'recovery'.

Tattoo should not affect your nasal surgery

+1

They are distant sites, so there should be no problem having both of those procedures near each other.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo before rhinoplasty

+1

Why not. I personally have removed so many tattoos when patients mature that I would question your reasons and not safety issues

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Tattoo and rhinoplasty

+1

A tattoo potentially can get infected. I would suggest waiting until after surgery to get that long desired tattoo.

Tattoo Before Rhinoplasty

+1

Having a tattoo immediately before or after a rhinoplasty is irrervelant either way. One does not affect the other procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tattoo 5 Days before Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as you don't add a tattoo to your nose you should not have any problems with your rhinoplasty 5 days later. Sounds like a total makeover to me.

+1

I don't see why not but ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon, if you have already chosen one, just to be certain he/she has no issues with that.

Tattoo and Rhinoplasty

+1

It should not be a problem to get a tattoo prior to a rhinoplasty.The only exception to this would be if there was extensive cartilage or rib grafts during the procedure.

Jay M. Pensler, MD