Is It Safe to Use a Self Tanning Lotion After Rhinoplasty?

will it effect long term results?

Self tanning after rhinoplasty

+2

This should be fine, but I wouldn't use it soon after a rhinoplasty. These products can contain harsh chemicals that may cause the skin to react, and swell, following a rhinoplasty. Wait at least a few weeks.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Self tanning after rhinoplasty

+2

Yes, self tanning fine after rhinoplasty.  Some of the products clog pores, and the pores on the lower nose are large.  If you clog them, they may get bigger, or even infected (zits).  Can't imagine any other possible problem self tanning after rhinoplasty.

Steve Laverson, MD

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

There is no contraindication to using the self tanner after rhinoplasty.  I would recommend gentle massage into the more tender areas around the nose. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Self Tanning Lotions after Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty will not change your ability to use self tanning lotions. I would wait about 6 weeks after surgery to allow time for nasal skin circulation to recover.

Self tanning after rhinoplasty

+1

I would wait a few weeks to let everything heal - especially if you are going to be rubbing it into your skin.  After that, it should be no problem to use self tanner.  If you had a columellar incision I would make sure to keep it our of the sun.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Sefl tanning lotions after rhinoplasty

+1

As long as your wounds are closed and the sutures have been removed for at least 3 days, it should be safte you use self tanning lotions after rhinoplasty