Smart Lipo Safe After Liposuction and 2 Hernia Repairs?

I had liposuction 8 years ago and 2 surgeries for abdominal hernia in the last 3 years. Is it safe to have Smart Lipo? I'm 51 years old and I look like 6 months pregnant with a really horrible muffi`n top. I have not been able to lose the bulge since my last surgery.

I would be very careful here due to the hernia surgery

+1

Given the fact that you have already had hernia surgery and liposuction before, you are going to have some challenges whatever the case. Likely, you will have very fibrous and scarred tissue, making it a challenge for the surgeon to determine if your area has problems that relate to the previous surgery or if he/she is encountering part of the tissue from the hernia surgery.

Having said this, I might recommend a second opinion prior to starting on this. You may actually be a better candidate for another procedure. Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Smart lipo safety, choose the right surgeon

+1

Smart lipo is safe under many circumstances as long as you have an experienced plastic surgeon. Unfortunately, many non plastic surgeons have been convinced to buy the equipment and either self restrict what they do or worse do things that could be harmful to the patient. Consult a plastic surgeon who has experience in liposuctioning and knows about hernias and smart lipo.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo aftrer hernia repair

+1

The answer to your question is yes, it is safe, provided your general surgeon and plastic surgeon speak to one another. Prior abdominal surgery does not exclude you from having liposuction provided you have a complete history and physical exam performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. I suggest you go in for a consultation and discuss your case with him/her as well as the general surgeon who performed your hernia repairs. Good luck!

Dr. Singer