Is It Safe to Shave 10 Days After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty 10 days ago, yesterday I had my splint removed. I've grown a moustache so I was wondering, is it safe to shave? I would also like to gently trim my eyebrows with a razor, is it okay?

Rhinoplasty and shaving

+2

Shaving should be ok at 10 days after rhinoplasty. Just be careful in areas around  the  nose that may have had sutures.

Should have no problem shaving

+2

You should have no problem with shaving of your moustache 10 days following your rhinoplasty.  I recommend taking care not to interfere with any sutures that you may still have in the area.

James Tang, MD

Is it safe to shave 10 days after a Rhinoplasty

+2

Shaving should not have any impact on your nose after a Rhinoplasty, just be careful not to bump it with the razor or your hand because that might be a bit painful.  It's an urban myth, IMHO oafter performing Rhinoplasty for over 20 years that moving your face, laughing, crying and the like will damage the nose immediately after Rhinoplasty.  The nose simply is not that fragile after a Rhinoplasty.

Shave

+1

You should not have any problem with shaving. Traction on your upper lip might hurt a little but, no harm seems posssible.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Go for it

+1

It is always best to ask your surgeons questions like this one as each doctor may have special ideas about post op care, however, I can't think of any reason whey you couldn't shave after a rhinoplasty.  You may need to be a little careful if you have incisions at the base of your nose, near your lip, or if your lip is a numb.  Trim away at those eyebrow as much as you would like.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon