Safe to Try New Scar Reduction Gel?

I have a slightly hypertrophic body scars and I would like to reduce them. I found this scar reduction gel named Kitoscell. It's based on an anti-fibrotic drug Pirfenidone that has been used as a treatment for lung fibrosis. They claim it inhibits TGF-B1 and several other growth factor and may induce skin remodeling. It's currently only available in Mexico, but I heard that some plastic surgeons in that area are already suggesting it to their patients. Would it be worth a try? As far as I know, there aren't any "real" scar reduction products available in US or Europe?

Scar Therapy with Plato's Scar Serum

+1
Our office specializes in scar therapy. We recommend initial scar topical therapy with Plato's Scar Serum for thicker scars and Plato's Dark Scar Corrector for dark scars.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles