Safe to Have Rhinoplasty and Radiesse at the Same Time?

I'm scheduled to have Rhinoplasty next week plus Radiesse to my cheeks and lower eyelid. I'm 49. Is it safe to have these procedures perform at the same time?

I'm scared the fillers might migrate during the healing process of my nose. Is it better to wait after my nose is healed to have these fillers?

Rhinoplasty and Radiesse: Bad Idea

I would strongly recommend staging the Radiesse injections until at least 2 weeks after your Rhinoplasty in order to allow swelling to subside. I would also strongly recommend avoiding Radiesse injections in the lower eyelid. Please read reviews of lower lid Radiesse injections on this website. Radiesse works very well for the nasolabial folds, but has been problematic in the periorbital area.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

Okay to have rhinoplasty and Radiesse at same time

It is certainly an acceptable procedure to undergo a rhinoplasty to change the shape of the nose, and Radiesse injections into the cheeks and lower lids. The Radiesse will not migrate away from the places that it is injected into. It is acceptable to have both of these done at the same time under general anesthesia so as not to have any pain with the injections.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Rhinoplasty and facial fillers

You should be fine with having fillers placed in the face at the same time as your rhinoplasty. It would be very unusual for the fillers to migrate. However, I would definitely not advise you to have any fillers placed into the nose itself during surgery. The lower eyelid area is very tricky in terms of avoiding lumps, so just check that your surgeon has experience in this region. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

1021 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028

Combining Radiesse and Rhinoplasty

Performing a Rhinoplasty with Radiesse injections to the cheeks should not be a problem. I would avoid Radiesse to the lower eyelids, because more than likely you will get bumps there.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Radiesse in lower eyelids very bad idea.

Even the manufacturer advises against using Radiesse in the eyelids.  The safest filler for the lower eyelids and the tear troughs is Restylane.  It is very easy to get bumps in this area.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Combined Radiesse and Rhinoplasty

There will be great variation in opinion. I do not see any problems with placement of the Radiesse at the same time as the rhinoplasty. Personally, nI would place this at the beginning of the surgery to minimize the swelling and distortion that will occur as a result of the rhinoplasty. Furthermore, this is the point in time where the face will be at its most sterile point which will helpt ot minimize the potential formation of a biofilm.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Simultaneous injection therapy and rhinoplasty

I feel that the injections to the eyelids are beter done sitting up where the tear troughs show better. I have done some during surgery though and if it were with a rhinoplasty, I would do it before the rhinoplasty when there is no swelling and then proceed with the surgery. It would be my preference however to separate these treatments.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Rhinoplasty and Concurrent Radiesse Injections?

Hi Euca,

Glad that you have asked this question.

Since the Radiesse placement will be very close to the area of swelling from your rhinoplasty, I would strongly advise against having the injections at the same time. I would also strongly advise you to avoid Radiesse in the very delicate and unforgiving lower eyelid area. Restylane is the most reliable and safe filler for the eyelids.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Radiesse and Rhinoplasty

I would tend to do the Rhinoplasty first, after all is healed and all the swelling is gone then I would consider a filler to the lower lids.

However, I would be carefull with long term fillers in the lower lids and the lips, both areas are prone to lumpiness

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Rhinoplasty and Radiesse can be done at the same time

The answer to the question is determined by the location that the Radiesse will be placed and the manipulations that will be performed on the nose. If you require nasal bone manipulation then I would not recommend placing Radiesse close to this area, such as the lower eye lids.

If the nose is manipulated on the tip and dorsum and does not need bone movement then Radiesse can be placed in the face with out worry of migrating the filler.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

676 South Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770