How Soon is It Safe to Get Restylane Injected in Undereye and Upper Cheek Skin After a CO2?

laser peel? I had a week's downtime with significant peeling and am still red. All my wrinkles are gone (for now) but I may want to plump the skin up again after healing is completed. I have had restylane injected before along the malar crescent and under the eyes, and liked the results.

Restylane after a CO2 laser

+2

I advise waiting until your skin has healed completely before moving forward with fillers.  Swelling can certainly affect the assessment of your needs and you want to insure that your skin is intact before subjecting it to more trauma.

Fillers after lower lid peel

+2

I think that you have to wait for the skin to cpmpletely heal at this point and for the swelling to come down before considering fillers around the eyes.

When to inject filler after laser resurfacing

+2

Depending on the depth of the laser treatment and your healing time, you can have the injections immediately to when your skin is completely healed.  If you have any swelling from the healing process, then I would suggest waiting until this has resolved - about a week after a moderate laser treatment.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

It is very reasonable to ask the doctor who did your laser when it is ok.

+2

I think it is a bit early to have more Restylane place under skin that has just been resurfaced unless you had a very mild treatment.  The reason for waiting would be the desire to avoid any possible secondary injury to the healing skin.  Once the skin is making its normal compliment of oils and the skin does not feel dry, you will be ready for this service.

Restylane under the eyes and cheeks following CO2 Laser

+1

As soon as the skin has peeled and the majority of swelling has gone away, I would say there is no contraindication to having restylane injected under the eyes and in the cheeks. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon