Is It Safe to Remove Lumps on Lips Caused by Newfill?

I have lumps on my lips caused by filler (Newfill) that was done over 4 years ago,they are very hard but as I said they are not small. The biggest one takes almost half the space of the bottom lip.

I want to have them cut out but due to thier big size I'm worried I might destroy the shape of my lips or cause nerve damage, is that possible? Please advice because I'm having the operation next week and I'm very worried. Thank you

Small lumps caused by Newfill could be safely removed

+1

In good surgical hands, I would expect that the removal of smaller lumps caused by Newfill would be safe. With use of local anesthesia, a tiny incision is made and a lump should be easily removed. Usually, no sutures are needed but in some cases, one suture may be required to remove a small lump.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

New fill problems

+1

New fill was not recommended to be injected into the lips. Unfortunately, you found out as a sequelae of yoru procedure. Removing the tissue may leave your lip deformed if the lumps are that big.