Is it safe to press down and pinch the top of the bridge of nose after open rhinoplasty?

I had an open rhinoplasty nine days ago to remove a large dorsal hump and also slight tiplasty. Today during my checkup with the surgeon he mentioned if I wanted to I could press down and also pinch the very top of the bridge (going nowhere near the tip) a few times a day to further straighten and mold the shape, just during the next couple of weeks while the nose "settles." Is this safe to do or would I risk messing things up?

Pressing On Nose

+1
If your surgeon said to press on your nose and pinch the very top then by all means do it. Trust your surgeon's advice and guidance. If you are not satisfied, seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon