Is It Safe to Re-pierce?

I had my second hole pierced and a year later I got keloids. I have had them removed, however I just wanted to know is it safe for me to try piercing again but in a different area "above the previous location not directly on the old one. Since removing the keloids I have had both of my ears pierced on the cartilage area without a problem. Is it safe to try again? "But not on the same location"

Piercing earlobes with keloids

+1

There is a risk of keloids if you repierce.  I have succesfully performed repiercing but follow up with the patients for months thereafter.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx