Is It Safe to Perform Smartlipo on the Front of my Chin, in Between my Lower Lip and the Point of my Jawline?

Can I successfully remove this fat deposit with smartlipo and sculpt around my chin and jawline to get more of a chizzled look? Will it be difficult to get an even, smooth, and tight skin result? I'm 37 yrs old, in very athletic shape, but I have a fat deposit that actually sits on the front of my chin, below my lower lip, right above the bottom point of my jawbone and droops slightly over the point of my jawbone. The fat pocket is soft and equivalent to the volume of to 1/2 to 3/4 of a golfball.

Smart Lipo on Chin?

+1

Thank you for your question. Smart liposuction is a safe minimally invasive procedure used in most body parts that have fat cells.  In my opinion, this area is not a common and safe area for treatment with laser lipo.  Sometimes when you remove fat, skin can also sag due to volume loss.  I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Liposuction between the lower lip and chin

+1

The area that you are describing - between the lower lip and point of the chin - is not an area that is commonly treated with liposuction.  However, it is possible that you may have a fat deposit or a lipoma in this area that may be improved with liposuction.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine if liposuction is an option in your case.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction between Chin and Lower Lip

+1

A picture would be helpful in this situation, but I suspect liposuction will not help.  The area can be debulked internally and resuspended to help out your contour.

Chin

+1

I have never encountered a problem like yours and wonder if is worth it. At risk is the marginal mandibular nerve that controls lip function

David A. Bray, Sr., MD