Is It Safe to Have Pelleve with a Dental Implant?

I have one metal implant in my mouth and am interested in Pelleve but can not find out if this procedure is safe with an implant? I have emailed the manufacturers of the machine but have had no reply. Thanks

Pelleve safety with implants

+3

It's always good to be cautious, but I haven't read or heard of any issues involving Pelleve and teeth or dental implants. The energy from the Pelleve handpiece works on skin, collagen, and fat outside the mouth, so it is believed to be safe for implants.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Pelleve facial skin tightening is safe with dental metal implants

+1
The radiofrequency energy delivered by Pelleve has not caused any pain or trouble in any of our patients with metal dental hardware. The energy is absorbed mostly in the dermis above any metal dental equipment.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Dental implants should not be affected by Pelleve

+1

At this time, it is believed that Pelleve will have no effect on dental implants.  Treatment of facial wrinkles is far enough away from tissue around implants that there should be no problems.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Pelleve and Dental Implants

+1

Currently, there is no clinicial documentation that states that Pelleve treatment has any effect (good or bad) on a dental implant.  Based on the principles of tissue biology and the healing process, Pelleve shouldn't affect the composition of bone surrounding a dental implant.  Similarly, since Pelleve treatment does not take place in the mouth, it should not affect the soft tissues around your dental implant.

Michael Gulizio, DMD, MS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Pelleve with dental implant. Is it dangerous?

+1

I don't know of any problems with having pelleve along with your existing dental implant. I do not believe there is any concern. The heat used in the treatment is focused on skin and soft tissue and it is not extreme to cause thermal damage to implant or any other type of metal in the body (such as joints).

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon