Is It Safe to Masterbate/have Sex a Month After Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty about a month ago, all in all I'm really really happy with the results except a tiny bit of scar tissue at the tip which isn't even noticable. I have refrained from all sexual activities since the operation but I was wondering if it would not be safe to masterbate/sleep with my boyfriend. Thank you.

Sex after rhinoplasty.

+2

After 4 weeks the nose is very solid.  Sex is fine as long as your nose is not involved!

Sex After Rhinoplasty

+2

Go for it. No hanging from the chandeliers though. I wouldn't want you to fall and injure your nose. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Sex after Septorhinoplasty

+2

Dear Rbinson,

After surgery we do request a restriction in activities that may elevate your blood pressure, cause changes in body temperature etc.. so sex should probably be avoided for a few weeks however a month post surgery you should be fine. The other issue that we encounter with sex after surgery is that sometimes things get bumped in the midst of the moment so be cautious! Also your tip is still swollen as it takes an entire year for the swelling to fully dissipate. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

After a month should be okay.

+2

The reason one would refrain from sexual activity after rhinoplasty would be to avoid straining. Straining causes elevation of the venous pressure. This would be a good idea for the first week or so where straining could cause bleeding and swelling and possibly detract from the results. However after a month I don't think that this should be a concern anymore.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Sexual Intercourse After Rhinoplasty

+1

Congratulations on your surgery and your results.

Usually, patients should not get involved in any sort of activities that will lead to increase in blood pressure and body temperature for the first couple of weeks post-op as the risks of bleeding and accidental trauma may increase.

However, since you are at 1 month post-op it is safe that you engage in a sexual activity as far as you be aware not to nudge your nose that remains at a state where altering your results could happen if you are not careful.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS