Is It Safe to Have a Local Anesthesia in Mouth One Week After Botox for Crows Feet?

+1

Yes, Botox and local Anesthesia to the mouth is safe and has no relation. If this is still a concern to you, you should advise your dentist

Local anesthesia one week after Botox

+1

It is ok to have local anesthesia in the mouth one week after treatment with Botox, as there are no known contraindications between the two. I would recommend discussing your Botox treatment with your physician who will be administering the anesthesia. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Safety of Local Anesthesia One Week After Botox

+1

There are no know contraindications to local anesthesia after Botox. Discuss the situation with your dermatologist or whoever will be injecting the local anesthetic. Good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD

Local anesthesia one week after Botox injections

+1

Within 20 to 90 minutes after neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin are injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox, Dysport or Xeomin very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site. There are no restrictions to having local anesthesia after your Botox injection.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Anesthesia after Botox

+1

Yes, you may have local anesthesia after receiving Botox. There is no contraindication between Botox and receiving local anesthesia days after your Botox.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Local anesthesia is safe after Botox

+1

There is no known contraindication for having local anesthesia for an oral procedure days after having Botox for crow's feet.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Local Anesthesia after Botox

+1

It is safe to have local Anesthesia in the mouth, one week after Botox for crows feet. In fact, the areas are not related, so you could even see your dentist one day after seeing your dermatologist for a Botox treatment of your periocular lines.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist