Is It Safe to Leave in Scar Tissue After Having Implants Removed?

i have grade 3 capsule contracture. am having my implants removed. my surgeon recommends i have the scar tissue removed aswel. i am not having the implants replaced. thanks

+1

If the capsules are soft and don't retain the implant shape once the implant is removed, I will often leave the capsule.

If anything is abnormal about the capsule,it is usually better to remove it. 

As always, risks and benefits must be considered in making a recommendation to a patient. 

All the best. 

Grade III Capsule Removal and Implant Removal

+1

If there are calcific components or silicone granulomatous material or the capsule is deforming the breast tissue then removal of the capsule may be warranted.  In soft pliable capsules they can be left intact. 

Removal of Breast Implants and Capsule?

+1

I think your  plastic surgeon is giving you good advice.  On the other hand,  I usually recommend  patients who have soft capsules,  leave the capsules in place when removing breast implants.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Breast implants removed as well as capsules

+1

If you have a grade III capsular contracture, and you want your implants removed, it is a good idea to have the capsule removed as well.