Is It Safe to Use Latisse After Blepharoplasty?

I had asian double eyelid surgery 1.5 weeks ago and I wanted to know if it was safe to use Latisse after blepharoplasty and how soon I can use it if so. Thank you very much in advance.

Latisse Usage After Blepharoplasty Surgery

+2

Thank you for your question.  I agree with my colleagues, it is best to wait to use Latisse until the incision has healed so that inflammation, irritation or infection does not occur.  Healing time differs for each individual but one month after surgery, your incisions should have healed nicely and you can continue using Latisse.  I hope that you find this information useful!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse after surgery

+1

It sounds like you are very enthusiastic to show off your new eyes and that's great but, I think it would be wise to wait at least a month before beginning, or returning to, using Latisse to insure that your eyelids and incisions are well healed.  Always best to ask the surgeon who performed the surgery for their opinion before using any product. 

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse After a Blepharoplasty

+1

Latisse is safe to use once the skin has healed from your blepharoplasty. Eyelid skin heals quickly so a month should be sufficient time to heal. You should wait until all signs of inflammation (redness) have resolved. Latisse is applied daily with a disposable brush which is included with product. Since Latisse is gently applied along the base of the upper eyelashes you should also be careful to avoid the area of the surgical incision. If signs of inflammation develop once you are using Latisse you should discontinue its use for a few weeks before starting again.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Give time for your eyelid incisions to heal

+1

Please allow time for your asian upper eyelid incisions to heal. I recommend you wait 6 weeks at least before resuming your Latisse therapy.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Eye surgery and latisse

+1

In my practice I recommend 3 months after eyelid surgery before using Latisse again, just to be sure that my patient is well healed. I would refer you back to your surgeon and what they are comfortable with.

Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS

Wait for Latisse after blepharoplasty

+1

I agree with the majority of the responders here. You should wait at least one month, to allow the incisions time to heal. After that, you should have no problem.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Use of latisse following eyelid surgery

+1

Give your eyelid incisions some time to heal following surgery - about one month should be sufficient.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I use Latisse after eyelid surgery?

+1

I would tend to agree with the other experts in that you should probably wait about a month before using Latisse.  Although there are very few issues associated with its use, it may irritate your healing incision line if used too early. 

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Latisse after Blepharoplasty

+1
I would wait until the scarring/healing process has slowed down, usually about 6 months after the surgery. Prostaglandins can cause increased inflammation which can cause hyperpigmentation. If you have an incision line that is still healing, it may become hyperpigmented, especially if your skin is pigmented (African-Americans, Asians, Hispanics and even some darker-featured Caucasians). Then again, many people's incision lines are not very visible after blepharoplasty in which case you may choose to use the Latisse one month later with permission from your surgeon.

Relief Jones, III, MD
San Antonio Ophthalmologist

Latisse is safe after surgery, once you're fully healed

+1

It is safe to use Latisse to grow longer, thicker, fuller eyelashes once you are fully healed. I recommend to my patients that they wait a month after upper eyelid surgery before beginning Latisse. It will take about 2 months for your eyelashes to grow -be sure to use it once a day for best results. (Using it more than once a day will not enhance your results). 

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon