Is It Safe to Have Laser Hair Removal 4 Weeks After Liposuction of the Calf/ankle Area? (photo)

I had liposuction on my calf/ ankle area 3 weeks ago. Its healing nicely, but there is still some swelling and bruising. I have an appointment in 1 week for my 5th laser hair removal treatment at ideal image. Will it be safe on my skin to go ahead with the treatment or should I postpone the appointment? If I postpone, I will be out of the desired time in between sessions, would this affect my results for hair loss? I'm more concerned with being burned or scarred due to the bruises on my skin.

Laser Hair Removal After Liposuction

+1

Dear Mia Ann,

Thank you for posting a photo of the area that was addressed during your liposuction.

Without being able to assess how far of a progress you have achieved, it is not possible to tell you whether it is safe or not to have your laser hair removal treatment in one week.

After all, you are at 3 weeks post liposuction and acceptable recovery results tend to be achieved at about month and a half after the procedure.

I encourage you to consult with your surgeon as he/she can assess your recovery and guide to make the right decision.

Best of wishes.

Dr. Sajjadian

Is It Safe to Have Laser Hair Removal 4 Weeks After Liposuction of the Calf/ankle Area?

+1

This is a question to be addressed by your chosen operative surgeon. ASK him/her! In my practice I would err on side of safety so DELAY. 

Laser Hair Removal Following Liposuction

+1

It is best to wait until the majority of swelling, and all your bruising, has resolved before proceeding with additional laser hair removal treatments – this will probably be about 6-8 weeks post-op, but will depend upon the progress of your recovery. The surgeon who performed your surgery should be able to guide you in this decision, and the hair removal company should have a policy regarding treatment as well. You do not need to be concerned about extending the time interval between hair removal treatments as that should not adversely affect you results.
Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon