Is it safe to have Juvaderm Voluma injection in cheeks if still might have some Radiesse in cheeks?

Is it safe to have Juvaderm Voluma injection in cheeks if still might have some Radiesse in cheeks? Thank you.

Voluma and Radiesse together in cheeks

+1
Yes, it is fine to mix fillers in the cheeks or other areas of the face.  In my Orange County Dermatology office we often inject different fillers in the same area, sometimes even on the same visit.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma following Radiesse

+1
Using Voluma following Radiesse would be up to the individual practitioner and typically would not be a problem as they are injected in different planes and different areas. I would recommend consultation with a board certified dermatologist. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Safety of Voluma injection in area of prior Radiesse treatment

+1
It is safe to inject Voluma in the mid face at the same site of previous Radiesse treatment.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Voluma for the cheeks if treated with other fillers before

+1
Yes it is very safe and reliable to have voluma even if injected with other fillers before.  I think voluma is a very nice product and is well tolerated and easy to use.  It is very predictable, and there is almost no down time.  Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who understands facial aging.

Hope this helps

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Voluma treatment with some Radiesse still in cheeks

+1
There is no problem having Voluma injected into the cheeks if there is still some Radiesse present.  You should be aware however, that whatever amount of Radiesse that is still present will continue to resorb with time.  So, the result you obtain after the Voluma will continue to go down some as the Radiesse goes away.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
As long as you've healed well after the Radiesse this would not typically present a problem. Radiesse is actually reabsorbed over time and replaced with collagen. Depending upon how far out you are from your Radiesse treatment, it is possible that the product is no longer present and has been replaced by your own collagen. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma with other fillers

+1

Yes, it is common to have one filler, such as Voluma, added when you already have had other fillers.  Make sure you tell your injector/provider all the injections you have had so that he/she is aware prior to proceeding.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma to cheeks after Radiesse done prior

+1
Many times different types of fillers are used together, or on top of one another. You don't need to wait for the other filler to go away before pursuing new work, but you should mention to your injector, if you don't plan to go to the same one, that you had Radiesse there and go over when and where it was done. The two products won't cause problems if used together so there is no issue in doing Voluma now.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD