Is It Safe to Go Jogging when Face is Still Swollen from the Radeisse Filler Injection

Got Radeisse filler injection for nabasotal two days ago. Is it safe for me to workout and go running while my face is still swollen from the radeisse injection?

Safe to jog with swollen face 2 days after fillers to nasolabial folds?

+2

It's safe, IMHO, for you to jog or do any other strenuous activity right after (let alone 2 days after Radiesse to the naolabial folds) however you may keep the swelling longer if you do.  Radiesse does create more swelling and lumpiness, IMHO, than Perlane, Juvederm or Restylane so the 2 day swelling is typical IMO.

Work out after radiesse

+2

I ask patients not to do anything that will increase blood flow to thier faces for 4 hours after injections. Running 2 days after NLF injections is safe.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Exercise the day after Radiesse Treatment is fine

+2
I usually recommend to my patients not to exercise too vigorously on the day of their Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane or Artefill treatments as it might increase bruising and swelling. The next day however should be fine to jog, but I wouldn't run a marathon! In Orange County Radiesse injections are very popular and many people like yourself are very active and want to continue their exercise routine after their treatments. Have fun!

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

A two days wait is normally fine

+1

On the day of the injection, physical exercise is not recommended because due to circulation increase it increases the chances of swelling and bruising.  However, 48 hours post treatment should pose no problems, provided there is no infection.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Running after Radiesse

+1

Greetings~

Running or exercising 2 days after Radiesse injections is perfectly safe....you may however experience a return of some of the post treatment swelling.  The swelling will of course subside but if you are planning activities after your workout you may want to take in to account that you will have some swelling and may need to, or want to, use ice for 10-15 minutes after your workout.  Best of luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Radesse

+1

I would not recommend significant exercise until all of the swelling is gone. Then I think exercise is fine

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

No physical exertion while face is still swollen from Radiesse injections

+1

Physical exertion like jogging increases the circulation and warmth of the body, including the face.  That can result in more swelling.  I recommend no physical exertion while swollen for the first 1-2 days, icing the area for 5 minutes every 2-3 hours and staying in a cool environment.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Post Radiesse Instructions

+1

This is certainly a question that is best posed to your injecting physician. I recommend Icing the area for several hours after treatment to help to reduce swelling and discomfort. I instruct patients not to massage the area. Heavy exercise should be avoided, but only for the day of the injection treatment. Sun protection is important for at least several weeks following your treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Exercise after Radiesse

+1

I usually ask patients to wait until the day after treatment to resume their exercise routine.  Since you had your injections two days ago, I think you are good to go!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist