Is It Safe to Get an Ipl Prior to Pregnancy?

I had my first ipl photo facial in June to rid freckles. I managed to protect myself from the sun despite my honeymoon last month. My first session went wellbut i still have spots left and I would like to schedule a 2nd session Nov/Dec. is this safe considering I plan to get pregnant in dec/jan? I do not want to worsen freckles or risk pigmentation issues (I'm half asian, half Caucasian).

Getting IPL prior to pregnancy

There are no problems whatsoever in having IPL done prior to pregnancy. Go ahead and get your treatment with no concerns - importantly, get your treatments at a medical clinic for optimal results and safety.  ~Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon