When is It Safe to Get IPL After Inflamed Acne Goes Away?

Is there a certain amount of time I should wait to get an IPL if I just had a few inflamed acne that went away but left a red mark (no indentations)?

IPL and inflammatory acne

+1

IPL especially when combined with Levulan can be therapeutic for active acne but should be performed with guidance from your dermatologist.

San Antonio Dermatologist

IPL After Inflamed Acne Goes Away

+1

I would recommend at least a 3 month wait. Than discuss with the treating doctor before having the treatment. Very important you inform them of the acne issue. 

Redness after acne and IPL

+1

Acne can leave post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and redness, but usually, this redness fades.  It is best to give it about 4 weeks before resorting to IPL to take the redness away. Another option is VBeam.

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon