Is It Safe to Inject Botox in Nerve Injured Side of Face While Its Regenerating?

Consulted with a dermatologist very good advanced techniques with botox, for injured nerve buccal/zygomatic branch causing weakness in my zygomatic major muscle giving some cheek droop and lip droop on the right side, it is 7 weeks old after mid face lift, he suggested I wait until 3 months pass before exploring balancing it with botox, but I was surprised that he wanted to inject both sides in the zygomatic major muscle to regain symmetry, would this be dangerous for the healing nerve injury?

Botox Injection in Nerve

+1

Thank you for your question. After a major surgery, it is recommended to wait at least 3 months before treating with Botox. I would recommend consulting with your plastic surgeon or any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

+1

Botox won't affect the nerve as it's regenerating, so it can be used to balance the facial muscle function.

Botox to balance facial movement

+1

For a  condition such as this you may want to consult with a neurologist who may be better enabled to test your nerve function and determine a treatment protocol.  

Botox and asymmetry

+1

I would allow the suggested amount of time for healing prior to treating with cosmetic Botox. If your provider has a specific plan and thinks it best to treat both sides, I would imagine they have your best interest in mind. Ask questions and be informed to understand exactly the treatment proposed.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox injection

+1
It is hard to comment without seeing a video, but in any case one needs to wait for 3 to 6 months to allow the neve to regenerate, meanwhile to reduce asymmetry the normal side can be injected to balance the face.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon